Our school has been serving the community here for over 100 years.
We are very proud of our inclusive, friendly CofE school where everyone in our school community is enabled and encouraged to 'rise to their best'. A strength of our school is its size: we are a small school with a maximum number of 105 pupils. It means we know all the children well and can make sure that we do our best to develop their learning in a happy, safe and secure environment. Our core values are encapsulated in Jesus’ 2nd commandment: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself' (taken from Mark 12 v30 - 31). We believe that children learn best when their rights, emotional and social needs are prioritised and this shows in our performance data which, over the last 5 years, has exceeded national expectations in many areas and makes us one of the top performing schools in Torbay.
At our most recent Ofsted inspection (February 2019), the school was judged as good. These are some of the strengths that Ofsted identified:
- Pupils are enabled to achieve well. They are academically, socially and emotionally well prepared for the next stage in their education.
- Lessons are exciting.
- Pupils say that they feel safe and trust school staff. They report that bullying is very rare in the school.
At our most recent Church schools inspection (September 2019), the school was also judged as good.
These are some of the strengths identified:
- This is an inclusive family school where all are welcomed and supported.
- Meeting the wellbeing needs of the pupils and adults within its community is paramount.
- This school puts the pupils at the forefront of everything they do and ensures all are able to reach their full potential. This is because all are listened to and treated with dignity and respect.
We know that education is best achieved by means of a positive partnership between parent, child, school and community. We strongly encourage parental and community engagement and have many events and activities throughout the year that enable parental and community links to be strengthened.
If you would like any further information regarding our school, please do not hesitate to contact us or make an appointment to visit us. We look forward to meeting you!
Mrs Izzi Mardon (Headteacher)