Learning Support Assistant with Mealtime Assistant Cover
Learning Support Assistant
Salary: SC Grade 2 SCP 3 - 5. Starting Salary £7,360 per annum (£18,562 - £19,312 FTE)
Hours per week: 17.5 per week (Monday – Friday Mornings 3 hours, 30minutes per day)
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: SC Grade 1 SCP 1 - 2. Starting Salary £2,021 per annum (£17,842FTE)
Hours per week: 5 per week – linked to TA role
Contract term: Permanent
Weeks per year: 38 weeks per year
Location: Upton St James CofE Primary School
Start date: September 2021
Closing date: 09:00am Monday 2 August
Interview Date: Friday 6 August
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant and Mealtime Assistant who will be able to support our children with their learning.
Upton St James is a wonderful, inclusive school on a small site with a huge heart. We are based in a Victorian school building but hold modern, nurturing values. Our strong Christian Ethos helps to create a warm, calm atmosphere, whilst priding ourselves on our high achievements. The Academy is part of the St Christopher’s Trust - a family of 17 Church and Community Schools spanning three local authorities and providing a rich network of collaboration.
Successful candidates will: -
- Work in partnership with teachers to support the learning of pupils, so they can reach their full potential
- Create and maintain a purposeful learning environment with high expectations of all pupils
- Take a lead in developing active lunchtimes, and promoting positive relationships
- Be able to support the wide range of children's needs and deliver interventions
We will offer you: -
- A welcoming, supportive and inclusive Christian school ethos
- A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children
- A commitment to high quality continued professional development
Applicants should outline the experience and expertise they would bring to this role. A relevant qualification of NVQ Level 3 is desirable.
Please visit www.stchristophersmat.org for an application form. Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 9am Monday 2 August. Interviews will take place on Friday 6 August.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.