A common style of dress gives each child a sense of belonging to the school community. We believe that taking a pride in their school and their personal appearance is important to enable them to 'rise to their best' and we often talk about wearing the Upton badge with pride. We ask that all uniform is named and that personal belongings are not brought into school. Hair which is shoulder length or longer needs to be tied up and only stud earrings are permitted (no hoops).
The Upton St James uniform consists of:
- Required branded Upton St James sweatshirt or Upton St James sweat-cardi
- White polo shirt or Upton St James polo shirt
- Trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore (all grey). In the summer term, a burgundy/ red and white check dress can be worn (optional)
- Grey or black socks or tights
- Black shoes (no boots)
- Branded Upton St James book bag (required for all children in Reception and Year 1. Once children finish the Read Write Inc phonics programme, they are no longer required to have a bookbag - this becomes optional).
- Upton St James Baseball Cap (optional)
Each child is required to wear an Upton St James PE Kit in their team colour.
The team colours are as follows:
Dart - Blue, Exe - Red, Plym - Yellow, Teign - Green
PE kits consist of:
- Required branded Upton St James T-shirt linked to team colour
- Black shorts
- Upton St James PE bag in team colour (optional)
- Black plimsolls
We ask that PE kits are kept in school at all times and are sent home for washing at the end of each term.
All our uniform can be purchased online or in person from Riviera Schooldays: https://rivieraschooldays.co.uk/
Their address is: 186 Union Street Torquay, TQ2 5QP
Items which do not require to be branded can be purchased from a range of retailers, including second-hand retailers.
United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
A common style of dress gives each child a sense of belonging to the school community. It is important that standards of work, behaviour and dress are maintained. We believe that taking a pride in their school and their personal appearance are important parts of children’s learning.
Our uniform is available to purchase from Riviera Schooldays
(186 Union Street, Torquay, opposite Magistrates Court)