United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
Article 31 - All children have a right to relax and play, and to join in a wide range of activities.
St James Patch
Our recently renovated Outdoor Learning Area is a hidden retreat where each class can take learning beyond the classroom.
Outdoor learning has many benefits:
- builds confidence, independence and self-esteem
- develops teamwork and problem solving
- encourages curiosity and exploration empowering children in the natural environment
- improves spatial awareness and motor development
- brings history and art to life, develops and enhances geography and science.